As part of the special products design team the job holder will be involved in development of custom solutions and production of quotations to Sale Engineers. The job holder will need to ensure that all queries are answered quickly and followed up until completion.
The role also involves the 3D modelling of special parts or new products and the management of the archive documents on the server or through PDM (Product Data Management).
The biggest challenge on the job is ensuring that all requests from the sales force are acknowledged and actioned until completion.
Also, the position requires someone with a strong problem solving attitude that will allow iGuzzini to offer our Sale Engineers tailored solutions to any requests they may have.
The job requires good time management skills and the ability to find quickly the best solution for every enquiry, in line with the team’s guidelines, often collaborating with the purchasing team.
The job holder will have clear guidelines on what decisions can be made independently and which require either Supervisor or Manager approval.
The position is exposed to working contacts up to Director level, therefore the job holder will have excellent interpersonal skills. The job will be measured by monitoring the objectives achieved and managing any mistakes made.
Impact on Consumer
Planning the workload to ensure that the Sale Engineers enquiries are sorted accurately and on time, to ensure iGuzzini retains and grows client base.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Key characteristics of Principal Accountabilities:
- managing special products by spec across the UK and Europe
- make assembly drawings for the clients
- producing datasheets
- make quotations
- speak directly with the sale engineers or clients
- make production drawings for the factory or local suppliers
- work with the buyers to find new materials, components or purchased luminaires
- coordinating the local conversion
- technical assistance to the local suppliers
- contact the headquarter to ask for information, prices, technical drawings
- coordinating the prototypes construction
- weekly reporting of special products orders status to other departments and headquarter
- assist team in identifying process improvements
- production planning
- some administrative duties & occasional errands
- exposure to working in other departments to get a feel for how each aspect affects the business
Apply as new candidate
- To supply technical solutions to the sale force for special products
- To provide clear, comprehensive and competitive quotation
- Problems solving
- Strong writing & computer skills.
- 3D/2D modelling background.
- Interest in architectural and industrial design.
- High technical level.
- High capacity for problem solving.
- Electrical components/lighting knowledge.
- Interest in project management.
- Must thrive under pressure
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organised and disciplined work habits
- Must be flexible team player in accommodating overtime at short notice during peak times
- Must be comfortable dealing with the sale engineers, buyers and suppliers