After over 400 years, the classical statues that belonged to the Patriarch of Aquileia, Giovanni Grimani, have been returned to Palazzo Grimani. Conserved in the family’s palazzo in Santa Maria Formosa until the end of 1500, the collection was donated to the “Serenissima” Republic of Venice after Giovanni’s death and have now been returned to their original location thanks to the exhibition Domus Grimani 1954-2019
. Displayed in a ‘home-museum’ style, the exhibition will allow visitors to admire the reconstruction of the Grimani Tribuna with period furniture, tapestries, frescoes, paintings and other items evoking the 16th century. Organised by Civita Tre Venezie in collaboration with UNESCO and with the patronage of the Veneto Region, the exhibition was awarded the President of the Italian Republic’s Important Initiatives Medal and was made possible thanks to the support of Venetian Heritage, an anonymous donor, the Helen Frankenthaler Foundation of New York and Gagosian.
To light the Tribuna, Domus Grimani 1594-2019 asked iGuzzini to install its luminaires. Thanks to the extreme functional versatility of Palco
projectors, an even and sharply defined light beam is produced that can adapt to a wide range of spatial requirements. The lighting system, which is permanent and guarantees high energy saving levels, will also allow this prestigious environment to be enjoyed in the future.