We believe that safeguarding the environment, preventing pollution, conserving biodiversity and using energy sources efficiently are indispensable requirements for developing a sustainable business model that includes the entire product life cycle in its assessment.
Field of application of the Policy
This Policy applies to all the company processes performed in our production sites and operational offices, to all our product and service suppliers and to the impacts of our products during their use and at the end of their life.
1. Compliance and legality - Observing legal obligations through the robust monitoring of relevant requirements and process checks are the conditions on which to build a culture based on respect for the environment and responsible energy consumption.
2. The local area and community - A good relationship with the local community and safeguarding the area in which we live are fundamental conditions for the sustainable growth of the company, that has established itself as a guide for the local social fabric on issues, such as environmental protection and the safeguarding of natural resources in the sphere of local industrial production.
3. Communication, culture and dialogue - Training and involving all company staff, and all company stakeholders is fundamental for achieving any goal in the environment and energy sector.
4. Risk management and prevention - Correct and prompt risk analysis is essential for avoiding deviations from the processes required to reach company goals and potential emergency situations.
5. Reliability and innovation - Selecting products and services, and therefore technologies and reliable suppliers that are updated with the most advanced practices regarding their environmental impact and efficient consumption of resources, is a fundamental requirement for implementing processes that are efficient and effective in the long term, too.
6. Continuous improvement - A sustainable business model must be based on stimulating the organisation to continually develop by defining and achieving increasingly challenging goals and identifying opportunities linked to key environmental aspects.
iGuzzini undertakes to:
- Develop products in order to continuously reduce their environmental and energy impact measured over their entire life cycle;
- Protect the environment through risk analysis and pollution prevention, guaranteeing compliance with environmental and energy standards;
- Reduce the consumption of any drinking water not used for that purpose, minimize the consumption of chemical products, eliminate from products any components that cannot be recycled at the end of their life, reduce greenhouse gases and VOC emissions and water pollution, and eliminate the consumption of energy from non-renewable resources;
- Promote, through information and training, the knowhow of our staff with regard to environmental protection and the responsible use of energy;
- Guarantee measurable improvements in company performance in compliance with scientifically defined goals.
More specifically, to improve its internal and external processes, iGuzzini undertakes to:
- Select technological and management processes that can guarantee by 2030 an absolute reduction in CO2 emissions of at least:
- 35% of Scope 1 and 2 emissions;
- 22.5% of Scope 3 emissions;
In line with the Fagerhult Group’s Sustainability Policies and the targets defined in the 2015 Paris Agreement (1.5°), the reference baseline is defined by the 2021 emission profile;
- Apply the principles of ecodesign increasingly strictly including complying with recognised international standards like the LCA, EPD etc.;
- Take advantage of the best tools and collaborations to guarantee a constant analysis of standard updates and all relative obligations;
- Select technological and management processes aligned with the best available, applicable technologies;
-Supply everyone with the information and tools they need to reach set goals and targets;
-Measure and constantly assess consumption and, more in general, the environmental impact of products and processes through a system of shared data collection.
Implementation and monitoring
iGuzzini communicates this Policy, its procedures and activities for safeguarding the environment and efficient energy management, as well as the iGuzzini Code of Behaviour and the Fagerhult Group Code of Conduct, to employees, suppliers, customers and anyone operating in our production sites and operational offices.
It is the responsibility of the Management to implement this Policy and review its suitability at least once a year and in the event of significant changes to infrastructure or production processes that impact the environment and energy consumption.